Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where have I been?

Hey everyone!! I`ve once again been away from blogland for a while:) We have been very busy this past week. We were able to put in a new kitchen this week! It is such a blessing. My kitchen was very out dated.We also had no cabinet space.My husbands brother works for Lows and ended up getting solid oak cabinets for free.I guess what happens is when you have kitchen cabinets installed they take the old ones away.Well one persons trash is another persons treasures! These cabinets are absolutely gorgeous!!!I am so thankful to God for the blessings He has given to us this week!So,Monday and Tuesday we took everything out of our kitchen and ut it into the living room and dining room.Then we painted the kitchen.Wednesday my husbands brother came over to help install the cabinets and then Thursday they took the old metal sink unit out.When they took it out they found a broken pipe that had been leaking since who knows when.So we fixed all that and got a new sink,faucet and counter top. We also got a range hood for over our stove. Our kitchen was very old and there was no vent at all above it. What a blessing to finally have a filter over the stove now! Then we took down the ceiling fan and put a very nice light fixture up and also ut a matching one over the sink. Then today my husbands brother came back over o finish the rest of the work.Now tomorrow w have to touch up the paint and get some switch plates and put up the wall paper boarder.We still have alot of stuff in the living room and dining room to put away. Weave our microwave and toaster in there which has been a little annoying. Lol!We need to buy a shelf for it because it will now have a new home right above my coffee pot.Then ut toaster will go on the counter top by the stove.We have a portable dishwaster that the microwave and toaster have been sitting on but we our probably going to be getting rid of it.It hasn`t worked for a while and since hubby is home him and I both do the dishes so we really don`t need it anyway:)I`m so excited to be able to share these blessings with all of you!!!I have some pictures of how everything is coming along.I found the nicest store on Ebay and I got some valances super cheap and brand new. Just under $12 a piece which was such a blessing and then I also got the wall border for $14.95 and it is a huge roll.She only charged about $6 s/h which is also an excellent price I think.I`ll have to post the link to her store maybe tomorrow.
Today was our annual Halloween parade here in town.Although I dislike this time of year me and the kids march in the parade every year.I have a picture of them posted as well.My son Anthony was Batman,Emily was a Fairy,and Joey was The Joker which is his all time favorite character.
Also,
I am still planning to have my giveaway I mentioned,but I`m still trying to gather things for it.It will be soon though!
Also,please continue to pray for the health issues I have had.The bleeding returned again. I see the doctor on Friday for an ultrasound.
I better go now.It`s getting late and we have another busy day ahead of us tomorrow!!Take care and hope you all had a blessed Lords day!

Note:For some reaso I`m having difficulty uploading pictures tonight.Stay tuned though! I definatly will be posting Them!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Toni! Sounds like you've been busy! Can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen remodel. :) God has been blessing you all like crazy! I'll keep you in my prayers with your health issues.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new kitchen!!! I pray your health issues can be taken care of as soon as possible!! Take care my friend and God Bless!~Wendy

KKJD1 said...

Toni, So happy for you that you finally was able to get some of the work youve been needing to get done done. It is always wonderful to revamp the house it makes it special. Will be praying your health problems will be taken care of quickly and easily. Have a great week. Blessings, karen

Anonymous said...

Oh Toni I am so excited for you!!! I know how much you wanted to get the kitchen done. I'll have to come over one of these days with the kids and admire it.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well - I was just thinking about you the day before you posted this.