Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lemon chicken

Here is my recipe for lemon chicken.I don`t really measure things but it`s pretty easy to follow:

You will need:
flour
eggs
about 2 pounds of boneless,skinless chicken breasts,either pounded out thin or sliced thin
about a stick of butter(sorry,this is not a low fat meal!)
one or two lemons depending on your personal taste
oil for sauteing(I use coconut oil because it is healthier for you)

First you preheat a 10 inch skillet on medium heat.Next you scramble 2 eggs in a bowl.Then you put some flour into another bowl.Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the flour and eggs.Now you bread the chicken pieces.When the pan is hot add about two Tablespoons of butter and some oil,just to coat the bottom of the pan.Add your breaded chicken pieces and saute until browned.When both sides are browned transfer them to a serving plate.Add the lemon juice and more butter to the pan and scrape up all the brown bits.Pour the mixture over the chicken.There you have it!We like this dish with rice or egg noodles.What we usually do is serve the chicken over top so that the sauce seeps down into the rice or noodles.It`s very good that way.Then my favorite veggie with this is asparagus,because I think it is very good with the lemon butter sauce.We had broccoli the other night though because we didn`t have asparagus.

I hope this recipe will be a blessing to everyone that tries it!If any of you have any questions or if the directions are not clear,please either e-mail me or leave a comment here and I will do my best to help!

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

It sounds soooo good! You are just like my Mom. She can make anything taste great without measurements. If I even deviate one iota from a recipe, it becomes a disaster. I just don't have the gift! LOL But I may give this a try. If you don't hear from me then you know I completely goofed it up!

Thanks for sharing!

Lea

Toni said...

I`m sure it will be delicious Lea!!It is pritty hard to goof up this recipe.As long as you can bread chicken and saute it in a pan it basically comes together on it`s own.My mom always taught me to keep things simple! By not adding alot of ingredients and just basic cooking knowledge you can create alot in the kitchen and never have to open a cookbook!!Good luck:)